Sunday, August 2, 2009

SURPRISE! The internet is working!

I woke up early this morning to try the internet at the hotel while most people are still asleep. It's working!...well, kinda atleast. It's still really slow.

I am so thankful that at this hotel we have food, water (don't drink it though!), and air conditioning. BUT, my room as the world's LOUDEST air conditioner. It sounds like a million crickets. The first few nights here it really bothered me and kept me up at night. I'm getting used to it but I still sleep with ear plugs in. I wake up in the middle of the night because it's so loud again and I realize I have taken my ear plugs out while I was asleep because my ears were hurting. Oh well, I'm only sleeping here one more night.

It's Sunday morning and we will be heading for church in about 45 minutes. I hope everyone is doing well and is safe back in the USA!

3 comments:

  1. hey karla!
    i just got done reading all of your posts. i know that you all are doing such good work over there! i miss you and cant wait to hear all about kenya and to catch up in general. loveee you!!
    lindsay l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla,

    I'm proud of you, you're doing some wonderful things for those who are much less fortunate.
    Be careful out there, and sounds as though you've had lots of fun.
    Bob R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karla we have enjoyed your posts and are very proud of you for spreading the word of Jesus and showing the people of Kenya Christian Love. It is sad we can not get all of the children to school, I could feel your sadness seeing the children on the other side of the fence. Love Glenn and Marge

    ReplyDelete